New York Fashion Week Reflections
New York Fashion Week feels like Christmas coming early for me. I watch all the shows I can online, I follow models and bloggers and buyers and designers on snapchat to keep up to date, I have the HEED Fashion app ready and waiting on my phone for streaming during ANY downtime. Even though I’m not there, it feels like I am. By the end of New York Fashion Week, I am just as exhausted and have a massive pile of laundry waiting to be cleaned. It’s one of my favorite weeks of the entire year and, despite my distance, I do everything I can to feel as though I’m right there in the fray.
This year it felt like New York Fashion Week came on really quickly and, if I’m being honest, I wasn’t prepared. But I got it together just in time. My labor day sale stuff came in, I did some outfit planning, and everything worked out actually really well. Some days I didn’t go as complex as I would like but with the addition of a neck scarf or pair of sleek heels, I felt runway ready before stepping out the door every single day.
A few reflections:
- I will will will be there soon. I need to actually go. It’s kind of making me crazy to NOT go.
- That Zimmermann show was EVERYTHING!
- J.Crew’s presentation rocked my world. Can’t wait to shop that collection.
- Unpopular opinion time, I wasn’t a huge fan of the Tommy Hilfiger show.
- Ruffles are here to stay and I’m obsessed.
- Pale pinks care going to take over our closets in spring. Bring it.
- Everything Alexander Wang touches is gold but I honestly wasn’t really digging the lingerie vibe this time? Still loved the boxy silhouettes. Those were amazeballs.
- Danielle of We Wore What rocked it all week. Per usual. So did Jacey of Damsel in Dior. But it’s no secret that I adore her so…
- Christian Siriano putting curvy models on his runway rocked my world. Add to that his stunning use of turquoise, the big color for Spring/Summer 2017, and I’m swooning.
- The Altzurra show harkened back to my high school days with cherries everywhere and I’m a bit excited to see those styles come back. Exclusively for the nostalgia, of course.
- Victoria Beckham brings out some fun textures and lines with her collection. I think I need some more time to process this one, though.
- Coach went edgy for their show and I LOVE it. It made the goth child I was in high school screwm with happiness.
- Sally LaPointe’s looks are all amazing. Fringe everywhere and those crips whites are stunning.
- Alice and Olivia presentation was stunning! Looking forward to stripes sticking around for another season. I’m intending to create a look inspired by look number 2 in this slideshow as soon as I get a gift from Mr. Postman.
- Ralph Lauren’s looks were great. Loved the fringe, empriodery, and bold jewelry. Not a big fan of the Wild West-esque vibe but I could get used to it.
A few of my NYFW looks are here. Click the photo and shop just below!