10 Bits of Advice for my Younger Self #DearMe
So there’s a hashtag on YouTube right now called #DearMe in honor of International Women’s Day. Creators are making videos giving advice to their younger selves. I’m not one for the video thing so I’m just going to partake here (a little late) and encourage you all to as well.
I was the worrywart kid who constantly cared what everyone thought of me and would pretend I didn’t like something or just closet like things in order to seem “cooler.” It never worked. I was definitely the kid that everyone made fun of all through grade school. That is when my younger self would have needed my older self the most.
What advice would you give your younger self?
- Stop caring so much what other people think.
- Dance more.
- Worry less.
- Listen to that one friend. Be yourself.
- It’s okay to cry.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Eat healthier. No, really.
- Keep on writing. Don’t give that story up.
- Audition for those shows. You will miss those opportunities.
- Just enjoy yourself!
Share your advice to your younger self in the comments!