My Style + My City
My Style + My City is a collaboration between bloggers who love their cities and how it influences their style!
I’m really into neutrals that have some sort of bolder element right now. Like the dress above. The structure is amazing and I love the high neck on it but it’s still plenty simple with the black and white window pane. I’m currently obsessing over a cardigan from LOFT that will be up on here soon. Keep an eye out!
Chicago, Illinois. The Windy City. The City of Big Shoulders. Chi-Town. Our winters are brutal but the summers make up for it. Somehow, when it’s below zero and we’re all wondering why we live where the air hurts our faces, we are able to hang onto those warm summer nights at a rooftop bar or along the lake and remember that it will be warm again soon enough.
Dress Like a Chicagoan
Want to dress like a Chicagoan? Here’s a few tips (and brands!) to help you look like you’re straight from the Windy City:
- Is it winter? Break out your warmest coat, the waterproof boots, and stick your cute heels in a bag. This is not the time of year to wear your favorite designer pumps. Chicago boots of choice for the style-concious are Hunters (with the fleecy boot socks!) or Sorels.
- We love mixing hard and soft elements. Think leather and feathers together!
- We spend so long wrapped in warm layers that when we get the chance to break out some bold features, we do! My favorite brand for glam pieces is t+j designs!
IÂ asked a few of my fellow Chicago-based blogging friends what their favorite trends are right now. Here’s what they said:
- Nikki of 30s and Chic says “I love, love, love simple and baggier clothing in a neutral palette (AG Jeans, Billy Reid, Vince) with a statement shoe.”
- Dasha of Windy City Wardrobe says, “I’m really into print mixing & obsessed with long line vests.”
- Tamara of Broke in the City says, “I’m still really into baggy sweaters with skirts.”
There you have it folks, some favorite trends to help you dress like a Chicagoan.
New Year’s Resolutions
I’ve just got one big one, that I talked about in my last post. I’m getting my mental health in order this year. But I’m taking it one step at a time so I don’t get overwhelmed and quit. Some of my first steps are making my bed every day (because I feel 100% more like I have my shit together when I do this) and moving every day (taking the stairs, going on long walks with the dog, etc.).
Other My City + My Style Bloggers!
- DagnyÂ of DagnyZenovia.com in Houston
- Devoreaux of The Prep Pursuit in Dallas
- Tamara of Baydian Girl in Columbus
- Amy of My Life from Home inÂ Cincinnati
- Thays of Silly Crazy Me inÂ Orlando
- Emily of The RosettoÂ in Oxford, UK
The Giveaway (yes, there’s a giveaway!)
As a token of our appreciation and an effort to encourage you to achieve your best in 2016, we are giving one lucky reader a 2016 Erin Condren Life Planner.Â Click hereÂ to enter. We will announce the winner onÂ January 19th.Â Good luck!
Update: The giveaway winner is Kaitlin Clancy. Congrats, girl!
Dress | Marshall’s
Hat | DSW
Bag | NovelStyle
Earrings | t+j designs
Photos by Fashion Photographer Sarah Levine