Every single time summer rolls around, I start to crave super summery foods. To the point where nothing else will do. If it’s not bright and fresh or full of summery flavors, I really don’t want to eat it.
So I’ve taken things into my own hands here.
I present, vegan lobster rolls!
…served on hamburger buns because that was all we had and I was, honestly, way too lazy to go to the store.
- 1 package firm tofu, pressed.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 c vegan mayo (I used Just Mayo. Pick your favorite)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard (or whatever mustard you like)
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Bread of your choice- preference given to hot dog buns or actual nice rolls. Don’t be lazy like me.
- Chop up your block of tofu. Think about how pieces of lobster look on the rolls and try to mimic that the best you can.
- Sautee up the tofu in some oil with 2 tsp Old Bay and some salt and pepper. Get some good color on the tofu.
- Let the tofu to cool a bit and chop up your onion.
- Add all ingredients except bread into a mixing bowl. Combine.
- Serve on toasted bread vessel, top with some chopped chives, and serve alongside potato chips.